Total Pageviews

Monday 10 October 2011

An interest..

So, a friend of mine has been doing a lot with her nails lately and it really intrigued me. Being an insane nerd at heart I thought I would try something different. My friend is not only a massive nerd but it also very creative and she always comes up with beautiful designs. Me? If I like what I see, I'll try it.

For my first post it has been requested that I attempt Spiderman nails. Let's just say that as a first attempt I was extremely happy!


To start the nail off I recommend using a base coat to protect your nail. Even if you have fake nails, this is always important. Some nail polishes do tend to stain and prolonged use of nail polish on a natural nail will cause discoloration.

Secondly, I applied two coats of red polish. I used ulta3's Sizzling Red. As the ulta3 nail polishes tend to be quite thick I would only recommend them as use for a base color. I have tried water marbling with them and just ended up with a huge mess and not pretty nails.

Ok, time to move on to step three. Take a thin nail brush or a toothpick and trace a line of black down side of your finger. Continue until you have the pattern above.

The next step is to make curved lines from left to right on your nail. This will form the "web". Once you are satisfied with your web and your nails have dried, always use a top coat to protect your design from chipping. Again, I used ulta3 Top Coat. As it is a slightly thicker polish I find that it holds my designs quite well.

For the thumb I created a classic web on the nail, start at the middle and draw lines outward. Continue with the circular pattern around the web. After this you create Spidey's eyes. It's basically a half circle. For the white on the eyes I used Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "White On" and a dotting tool. You can use a bobby pin for the same effect. Once again, add a top coat to protect your design from chipping.

And there you have it! Awesome nerdy Spiderman nails.

I hope you have enjoyed my first post! Keep an eye out for special collaboration posts by my lovely friend Illithyia!!

Until next time, xox

No comments:

Post a Comment